Friday, March 27, 2009

She Better Marry Rich!

Today, school let out early so we headed home to make vegetable soup for Guthri. She loves the stuff and always wants to "help". I normally get away with her only helping a little or get it done before she notices what I am doing. No such luck today!

She peeled carrots and potatoes (only 2) while sitting on the cabinet. She even had her "Rachel Ray trash bowl". As she was peeling she was humming away and asked me to boil water for hot chocolate "I really like something warm on a cold day" is how she justified her request. We struggled through all the ingredients and she poured everything into the pan. I told her she had to clean up because that was part of cooking. She smiled and said "I would love to." She got out the broom and sang "This is how we sweep the floor, sweep the floor, sweep the floor. This is the way we sweep the floor so early in the morning." She sang over and over and just had the best time. She then laid on the couch and sipped her hot chocolate. Just as at ease as anyone could be.

I see her loving being a "Suzy Homemaker" and drinking her coffee on the couch after the kids have been delivered to school. Then off to the gym for her personal trainer and an afternoon at the salon. She is just sooo prissy!! Guthri is somewhat of a country girl but nothing like me. She loves animals and being in the middle of the action but when it come to housework, clothes, etc... she acts like a pure girl. All I hope is she can marry a man that will make enough for her to stay home!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah the memories - you better hang on tight; your boy is growing up and it won't be long til he's out of the house and you will REALLY miss those times (time flies SO FAST!) Treasure those memories in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to write a blog about my daughter! I can see sweet Guthri doing exactly as you described. She is just amazing to watch grow up. She is also a hope for my future, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete