A few weeks back Lea Morgan told me about something she had tried at dinner and it sounded soooo good. When I went to the grocery store this last time I thought about her idea and decided to buy the things to make it. Of course the grocery store didn't have the Chicken Helper she told me about so I improvised. Recipe follows:
2 Tbls margarine
1 box Chicken Rice Medley (I bought United brand)
3 chicken breast halves, cubed
2 cups water
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 tsp chicken bouillon
Melt margarine in skillet. Add chicken and rice medley. Saute until pasta is light brown and chicken in thoroughly cooked. Add water, beans, corn, and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done, stir occasionally.
We put ours in tortillas and added sour cream to eat it like a burrito. It was delicious! Lonnie added pepper jack cheese to his and said it was awesome.
Just thought I would share!
September 2026 - Card Swap
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment