This past Saturday we had our county show. The weather was great, we were all low key and everything was great. Garrett did fairly well so we were proud of him. He placed 2nd with his Duroc, 3rd with his Chester and 5th with his Hamp. He did a great job showing and was very helpful to younger 4-Hers. He showed pigs for two girls (What's up with that?). He was even asked to show chickens!!!! He turned that one down.
Guthri had a blast and was very good as long as she had her Nintendo DS! She played with her friends and cheered along her brother. Granny and Pappy got to come and spend a long weekend so it all turned out fine.
Now we are on to the majors and Garrett has high hopes for his pigs. He leaves February 3 for Fort Worth with his Hamp so wish him luck!

I'd pass on showing chickens, too. I think of Napoleon Dynamite working at the chicken ranch trying to stuff the chicken back in its cage. I'm there with you Garrett! Showing chickens is for the birds...pun intended.
ReplyDelete