Saturday, January 31, 2009

We Survived the Sleepover

Well. they were cute and I loved every minute of it. The three girls are such good friends and have just grown up together so they are usually well behaved and last night was no different. We took them to Mc Donald's for supper and they had so much fun. Some of their classmates came in and it was an all out party! They were laughing and teasing each other non-stop. Got home and they just played and played. At 11:15 I went to bed because the girls were watching a movie and I just knew they would fall asleep. How goofy am I???? I woke at 1:30 am and they were still up!! I just said "bed, now". No one complained and they were out in no time. Ashley was up by 8 am and wanted the others to be up with her. By the time we got them both home this afternoon all of them were exhausted. Guthri is asleep right now! This afternoon Guthri participated in the local Girl Scout Cook-Off. She was very reluctant but Ashley's mom convinced her it would be fun. So, she wanted to make "Pig Sandwiches" that she found a recipe for in one of her library books. It was nothing but bread, jelly and raisins. But, you cut out the bread and make a nose and ears to make it look like a pig. Raisins serve as eyes and nostrils. They were so cute! She made three and placed an "Ant on a Log" made of celery, peanut butter, and raisins by each sandwich. Her plate really looked cute. (I will try to get a picture posted soon.) When we got there she just went nuts and said she wasn't going to do it but I just down played it and when it came her time her troop leader, Carol, took her by the hand and just led her to the judges. She relaxed and started talking to the judges. In the end, she was happy and even helped Ashley get over her shyness and went with her to the judges. She had a great day and got a 1st place. She was so proud of herself. (won't tell her she was the only one in her category) Maybe this will boost some of that confidence and help her do more things. I am happy for the "birthday bash" to be over and the girl scout thing to be done with. Sunday holds its own crazy schedule so we will see how the weekend turns out!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! I am so proud of Guthri for participating in Girl Scouts. She is opening up everyday!

    ReplyDelete