Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Princess Turned 7!!!

Today was Guthri's 7th birthday. She woke up in a grumpy mood (what else is new?) but her daddy soon turned her mood into an excited, giggly little girl. She saw all her presents and just had to open them. She got more excited over the $5 headphones than anything else! She has been getting cards all week and has made a haul on the money. If I need a loan I know where to go! She is so blessed to have such a wonderful loving family who remembers every birthday and only want her to be happy. All her aunts and uncles are much better than we are at making sure she gets something special for her birthday. Sorry to all our nieces and nephew (only 1)! Her grandparents are so good and just give and give. I hope she understands someday how lucky she is. We try to teach her that not all kids get things like she does but sometimes I worry that she just expects it and doesn't truly understand. Maybe it will come with time. We came home after school and made chocolate cake and spaghetti for supper. It was all her idea so she has put it in her brother's face all evening that it is her birthday and she can do as she pleases. I can't wait for bedtime!!! On Friday, Guthri will have a sleepover with two of her friends. We will do the McDonald's thing and then to the house for a movie, Easy Bake Oven and popcorn. It is so much fun to hear all those giggles and one telling the other to quit being so bossy! They are a hoot! Well, I let you know if I still think they are still a hoot on Saturday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy B-day to Guthri - hope Aric delivered her card... couldn't wait until Sunday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to have Guthri in my class. She brightens my day! Thank you for sharing her with me!

    ReplyDelete