Winter sneaked up on us here in Childress!! Yesterday at day break freezing rain started to fall; however, it didn't stick until close to noon. Garrett looked outside about every 20 minutes just knowing school would be cancelled. No such luck! School administration made the decision to start school at 9:30 this morning so our family loaded up in Lonnie's pickup and headed for town. It took about 20 minutes to make a 9 mile trip but mainly because he was just being cautious. The snow and sleet just kept coming throughout the day. At 12:45 today, the Vice-Principal announced that would would dismiss at 2 today and try again tomorrow at 10. The bottom line is that it will be cold tonight! Guthri is wanting to play outside so badly but can only stand it for about 3 minutes and then she is back to warm up. I love it!! I stay inside and make soup and hot chocolate while watching out the back window. Lonnie and Garrett are out there in the pig pen putting out water and pampering those silly things. Guthri is talking to the dog and making sure he is warm. It's been some fun family time and we are happy for the little bit of moisture! Just heard it is to be 10 degrees tonight!
September 2026 - Card Swap
3 weeks ago

Love, love, love your blog! Keep warm!
ReplyDeleteHey Jenschke's ... Am I the last to know you guys had a blog? I looked around and I like it :)
ReplyDeleteYou keep me grounded. Just when I think it is cold here or windy in Fredericksburg - I see or find out that you have it worse. Luv you all, Teresa Jenschke
ReplyDelete