Monday, August 6, 2012

For My Teacher Friends

I guess it is that time of year....SCHOOL!!!  Most of us spend out summer playing catch up on everything from sleep to home repairs.  No doubt it is a much needed break for everyone involved in education.  And we all know that when August rears its ugly head we still get those butterflies in our stomachs.  Not the bad kind but the exciting kind.  We may moan and groan about all the work and the EXTRA work that just keeps getting added to us, but we all love it! 

However, we do not love all the negative talk by others about schools and the teachers.  It really hurts.  I seriously put my heart and soul into my classroom and love each and every kid that walks through my door.  I am not saying I don't make mistakes because Lord only knows I do.  But, the bottom line is teachers make mistakes, teachers have pressure that no one understands, teachers work beyond 3:30, teachers are human, and teachers do the best they can.

So, teacher friends, keep your chins up.  We are in a thankless job being bad mouthed by those that have NEVER walked in our shoes.  We know we do it for the kids, not for the money, so take pride and peace in that.  Have a great school year, I am going to!!!

1 comment: