In today's world, people are exposed to many different personalities and life styles. I have always prided myself in being open minded to others yet conservative and strict in my own beliefs and behavior. Seems these days I am challenged daily to come out of that mind set and see things in a new way. I still can't decide if looking at things differently is the right thing to do.
I want my children to behave and when they don't I want others to help me teach them. I want to help even if it is not my job and expect others to do the same. I want to denounce sin and not associate with others that openly live in it. I want to pay my own way and don't understand those that don't. I want to do the right thing at all times and can't imagine thinking it is ok to not. You see, this is who I am or who I want to be.
So, how do I throw myself into those fires that I know will fry me to death? How do I help those that refuse to help themselves? How do I sit back and watch person after person stand with their hand out and cuss me when I don't put something in it? How do I befriend someone wh has a drinking or drug problem? You see, these are my daily struggles!
I do believe Jesus loves all but I do not believe He accepts all. When He taught, He did not only teach to Christians. He taught all. He gave us all guidelines to live by. He gave us all freedom to choose our destiny. He expects us all to follow Him and live His way. You see, this is my line that I do not know where to draw.
Where do I draw that line of acceptance or tolerance? Only draw the line for those that call themselves Christians? Draw it for everyone? Don't draw it at all? Lord, I pray you help me understand what you want from me. I have many tugs going on in my heart (or maybe my head). Please understand I am not condemning or claiming to be perfect for You know I am not. You have granted me forgiveness when I did not deserve it. You have given me acceptance when I could not accept You. You have tolerated me when a good swift kick would have probably been more beneficial! You did not draw that line. Maybe I just answered my own question but I need guidance and understanding and an open heart. I need Your strength as I struggle through this life!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW! You are doing some deep thinking... but truly understand and have the same questions! Have a great day! (:
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I have a person who has done a lot for me and been there for me, yet she is physically unclean and I don't want to be around her or be seen with her. I hate that I feel that way. Jesus did draw a line once and he said, "you without sin cast the first stone..." Maybe that is the line we should look at. Love you, and I have always tolerated you and never thought you should have a kick in the you know what (I can't say it cause my aunt still thinks it is a bad word)!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post. It helped remind me that I need to be more understanding at times. My favorite saying is, 'hate the sin, love the sinner.' I wish we all had the answers and could just make everything perfect. BUT, if everything were perfect, we sure would get bored after a while. We go through these thoughts because we care and our situations help to bring us closer to God. You are a great person and a great friend.
ReplyDelete