Saturday, June 13, 2009

We are just boring!

I read all these blogs of families traveling here and there, doing all kinds of fun activities and I look at our family and think, we are just boring! I read about making smores over a trash barrel (how fun is that!), joining the country club for golfing and swimming, taking small trips just for fun, going to the movies......Everyone is doing something but us!

Part of it is because we are busy right now and Lonnie seems to be headed 500 different directions and he is never home. Part of it is because I am teaching summer school. Part of it is because Garrett has not finished Driver's Ed. Part of it is because the month of May was so busy we have lots of "house chores" that need to be taken care of (Not like we've done anything, but we do have them to do.) Part of it is because we are just flat out boring.

None of us can make a decision on where we want to go or we just can't agree. July 4th weekend we are supposed to take an annual camping trip to Cloud Croft, New Mexico but already Lonnie and I are coming up with excuses to not go.....tents and rain don't mix! But, then I think we will just sit around here doing nothing so would rather face the rain and mud. We make excuses because of money, but it is amazing we can come up with the money for other things. We say we are just tired and ready to stay home, but that is just not true for me. I am sick of staying home. None of us are fans of lakes or oceans and we really don't like the hot weather, so summer fun is difficult for us.

I think our biggest issue is just not agreeing on what to do. Lonnie's convention is in San Antonio this year so he thinks a couple of extra days in the SA area constitutes a vacation. I would like to take two or three small trips plus SA. Guthri just wants to go back to Wonderland! Garrett doesn't care as long as we do something! Can you tell we are an indecisive family? No one will make the decision and if I do and things don't go well, then I feel guilty! No wonder we are so boring!

Maybe an epipheny will hit me soon that will make everyone happy!

2 comments:

  1. I can think of a million things I would like to do, but I am flat broke and already worrying about school supplies and school clothes, so I am reading library books this summer and staying home except for visits to the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have a wonderful answer for you. Billy got us into this trip in 2005 and we have not taken it. It is still good and you can buy it from us and go. It includes many trips and places, but the main one is Disney Land in Orlando, Florida. I am not sure how it all works, but I can give you the number to call about it. If you are interested, call me.

    ReplyDelete