Well, Thursday night around 11, Guthri comes running into the sun room with Chloe in tow and say "Mom, Chloe just ate something and I don't know what it is!" We all jump up and run to the living room and there it was.....DCon Mouse Pellets all over the floor! My dad had stuck a box under the sofa because they had seen a mouse earlier so he put the box up under the back of the sofa. Well, you know puppies, they find everything and just go to town with it.
Dad got on the phone trying to talk to a vet. I called Lonnie to call our vet and find out what we could do. There is no way Guthri could lose this puppy! It would be too much! Finally, dad gets in touch with a vet, Lonnie calls and says our vet said to make her drink Peroxide to make her vomit. So, Garrett and I are forcing syringes of Peroxide down this poor puppies throat as fast as we can. Finally, she vomits all over the back porch and it is soooooo green. I won't go into details but basically she vomited until it was white! None of us slept very well (except Chloe) because we were so afraid something would happen to her.
The vet dad talked to said to take her in for a shot of Vitamin K. We took her this morning to see a sweet vet in Comanche and he gave her a shot and assured us she would be fine. Lonnie called our vet and he told Lonnie Chloe would be fine. Phew!!!
We have all been on puppy duty the whole time we were here but man she just got away from us for less than 2 minutes and look what happened. I remember when the kids were young, they could get into a mess in no time and inevitably it was late at night or when I really didn't have time to deal with it. Puppies are not different!
We are all thankful Chloe is fine. Poor Granny and Pappy felt so responsible when it was not their fault, so they really are wiped out today from all the "trauma". Some times "granddogs" can be more stressful than grandkids!

OMG! Chloe is a mess! Glad that everything turned out fine! "Never a dull moment" , huh!! Hope you have a great visit!
ReplyDeleteOkay, you can tell I'm so the crazy dog lady because I'm sitting here getting choked up as I read about Chloe. I'm so glad she is okay and back to her silly puppy self! And I remember those puppy days! They are exhausting, but she'll grow out of it. And there isn't anything like puppy breath, is there!? :)
ReplyDelete