So many times I am reminded that generally people don't accept children with ADHD. Normally I get so upset with those people and would like to just knock them between the eyes. This time I am the one that needs to be knocked between the eyes! I am wiped out with just five days of no school for him. We try so desperately to not give him his medicine on the days he will not be doing something important or needs to be calm. Therefore, he has not had medicine in five days!I have lost patience with him and resorted to screaming at the top of my lungs to get him to do what I ask. I am not talking chores, I am talking...running in a store, lowering his voice, eating with his mouth closed in a restaraunt, playing rock, paper scissors in church, etc.... Now, most of these issues are typical teenage boy behavior but when a person is ADHD the actions become mganified by 1ooo%. He is louder than others, he is faster than others, he talks more than others. It is just who he is.
I generally can deal with these behaviors and just laugh later. But, today I just cannot laugh about it. He is on my nerves! He is no different today than he has ever been, it is me. I am tired and am genuinely tired of dealing with these behaviors with my students and him. I need to pray and just take a time away.
Garrett is an awesome kid with a heart of gold. His heart is so open to the kittens and the puppies and the babies. He is phenominal with little kids. I know he has a talent to work with children some day. He has turned into a wonderful young man and I am so proud of who he has become. He is not the one with a problem, it is me!

We all have those mom moments where we cannot take it anymore. You are a wonderful mother, and your kids are so lucky. The end of the year can be challenging in more ways than one. Hope Garrett's tests continue to be normal, and we miss you all very much. You have me addicted to blogs - even did one on my own (nothing like yours and others, but just for me). Great therapy..... Luv you. TUJ
ReplyDeleteI'm there with ya! Most of my family are ADHD individuals and are very unique and special! Ya know, KV has the shirt... LOL! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOK, sometimes we just need a break. I don't know how it is possible to get one, but I know the first day out of school, I ended up spanking Ciara. It was awful. Things have chilled, but I certainly know what you mean. I am exhausted from school, have a cold, stressed about summer activities...Then you throw in an adhd child... I am using a new system to see if she will participate a little more with this family. But it would have been so nice if she could have gone to camp for maybe the first two weeks of summer....
ReplyDelete