This week has been sooooo rough....
....I've seen students terrified of the Reading TAKS test, parents biting their fingernails in horror, and teachers stressing over those poor kids. As much as I can't stand it, the TAKS test is my life! It consumes everything I do, everything I think and every move I make with my family. I just can't wait for it to be over with. Of course, then if someone doesn't pass I have to come up with a plan (scientifically based!) to help them pass in the future. It is just all consuming!
....I've seen churches crumbling right in front of my face. My parents are struggling with their church they have attended for over 30 years because of "new" ideas and other things that just aren't biblical. They have finally moved to another church. It tears my soul for them but mainly for those that are in the middle of this mess. My parents are strong Christians and will be fine no matter where they serve but what about those that don't have their strength? A close friend of mine came to me today to tell me she and her husband had left their church because of things being taught that they don't agree with and because of their feelings they just aren't going anywhere. What? I invited her to come with us but not sure what she will do. What is going on in this world? Do we just do what is exciting or what makes us feel good to worship our Lord? It is all very frustrating!
....I've seen beautiful children living in poverty and in homes with parents who cannot take care of them. They do not read to them at night. They do not feed them a good meal. They do not make sure they have clean clothes. They do not put them to bed at night with a kiss. Instead they scream at them for bringing home another letter from their teacher about not reading at night. They toss a bag of chips at them and put them in front of the TV or send them outside and lock the door. They tell them to put on the clothes they wore yesterday and get on the bus. They yell at them to shut up about being hungry and go to sleep (usually around 11 or 12).
....I've seen friends struggling to make ends meet every day. Jobs are scarce, the weather is not making it easier. How are they going to buy diapers, formula or pay their electric bill?
....I've seen grown men make fun of others because they are different. Because a person is moral and ethical you make fun of them? Men that call themselves Christians mocking other people and refusing to help someone else to "teach them a lesson". How do you stand there with your arms crossed and watch someone struggle when that person just helped you get everything done that you needed?
Quite frankly I've seen enough this week!
September 2026 - Card Swap
3 weeks ago

Okay, Kim... I'm with you. It's terrifying out there - that why we live in a small town to help each other. We can't help every one... but we can help in our small section of the world. You are special and I'm glad to call you my friend!
ReplyDelete