Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Woo Hoo Guthri!

Well, that little blond headed Dyslexic daughter of mine went and did it! UIL.... Little stink has been so worried about trying out for UIL teams and wanted to do "something" so badly that we spent a few hours in tears last week with me trying to convince her to not try and her trying to figure out what she wanted to try! I just didn't have enough faith!

Last week she tried out for Music Memory (her teacher is the coach) and guess what...she made the top 6. I am so proud of her I could burst. Now, I know most parents are sitting there thinking "so?". But, if you know Guthri you understand. One year ago she could barely read. Two years ago the child would not even look up. Three years ago I drug her to her Kindergarten class screaming at the top of her lungs to just pass her off to the teacher. She has come a long way, baby!!!!!!!!!

Just goes to prove I put limits on everything. She is a dreamer! Love it!

1 comment: