Saturday, June 12, 2010

3/4 Family Night


For almost a week now Guthri has been asking for Saturday night to be Family Night and we all watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 together. We agreed and went on about our business. Finally figured out yesterday that it was because Disney had been advertising it as "Family Night". Anyway, I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she said "hamburgers that daddy cooks." So, headed to the store to get all the supplies and came home and cooked. They were awesome! Toy Story came on right as I took my last bite. Guthri was already sitting on the couch waiting patiently!

We just finished Toy Story and now #2 has started. I truly am tired of sitting here and would love to go on to my room and watch something that I like. But, she is soooooo happy that we are sitting in the living room with her (even though we both have our laptops open and "working").

Tonight we are missing Garrett (hence the 3/4). He is at my parents spending some time with them. So for now, Guthri has us all to herself and is just pleased as punch!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah! The things we do for our kids - but oh the memories! How fun! Can't wait for Toy Story 3 this weekend! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I knew a family of 4 who had family night every Friday. A different person picked what they would do each week. (Sometimes they asked me to go with them.) I always thought that would be such a great idea. Around here, every stinkin' night is family night and I just want a night to myself!! lol, order what you want, eat what you get!

    ReplyDelete