Friday, August 7, 2009

I could have it worse...

My last post was telling all my woes of medical bills and not being able to pay them all off on my time frame. Wow, do I need a reality check!

The last few weeks I have been bombarded by friends and family who own their own businesses and they are struggling like crazy. They are in jeopardy of losing their business, their income, their homes. They are looking into alternative careers, supplemental incomes.....I am just worried about having to do without cokes.

The financial state of our country is in turmoil and none of us know when it will get better. I don't know how to tell my friends and family to hang in there. I don't know how to reassure them that they will be fine eventually. I don't know how to help them survive this. I don't know how to make them feel better. When you see those around you suffering, it hurts.

I do know we all have to get on our knees and pray. Beg God for guidance, for help through this situation. I read a letter to the editor the other day that really hit home. People normally write about how horrible our leadership is and they are killing us financially (which I do believe) but this writer asked the questions "Have you prayed for our leaders to help them make the right decisions? Have you prayed that God intervene and help our nation?" She went on to say that putting our energy into condemning, into ridicule, is not putting our faith in God.

So, instead of being angry at the medical bills, be thankful that God gave someone the knowledge to help. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, take Jesus' attitude of service and help those around me that I can. I could have it worse....

2 comments:

  1. Great post. You should send this in to the Index.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this. I think it is one of your best yet. Love you. TUJ

    ReplyDelete