Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jesus Died for You and Me....

.....and everyone else. It is easy to see God's grace in our lives or those closest to us. We simply say "only by the grace of God" and think of our family and friends. Well, what about everyone else? Do you ever find yourself looking at someone and thinking 'well, I know God forgives them, but you know what they used to do or how they used to be?'

Today, I found out about a couple that I have prayed for over and over and over and over and over. It seemed that Satan sat at their doorstep and just couldn't wait to destroy their lives. They had what most of us call "bad sins" and really needed to "clean up" their lives. Well, tonight they took the perfect steps to do just that! I am so happy for them and I know God will bless their lives.

The biggest questions are: can we see God HAS FORGIVEN them and cleansed their souls?, do we understand God has worked miracles in them?, can we forgive them?, and most of all can we wrap our minds around the fact that Jesus died for THEM?

As much as I love this couple, I do take a step back ocassionally when the tatoos slap me in the face or the piercings make me cringe with pain. They don't look like you and me, they haven't lived a life like you and me, they don't have professional jobs like you and me, but THEY ARE God's children!

Take the time today to see someone's soul like God sees it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just read your comment on Terri Tindall's blog. You asked if they have family in Borger, and the answer is YES! I am Marc's Mom, Terri's mother-in-law and YES, I know your parents. They were very good friends when they lived here and we all attended the Johnson Park Church of Christ in Borger. I have kept up with Trey's blog and have been over-joyed at the response of everyone giving to the Dump Fund, Your children's giving brought tears to my eyes. How blessed they are to have you for a teacher. I don't have a blog, but please email me at suendon@sbcglobal.net. What a small world. We have not had contact with your parents in years. Tell them hello and give them our love. Sue & Don Tindall

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I need to print this out and tape it in my classroom so that I will apply it to my classroom and students. Thank you for reminding me that Jesus loves all, not just who I want him to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a really great post, Kim! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete